Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Crochet baby blanket

It's official! I've finally finished my first crocheted baby blanket!

I've been knitting since I was eight years old and all my life I've heard that if you learn to knit first, you'll never learn how to crochet. I'm not sure who decided that was a fact or why it's such a popular notion, but I'm here to tell you that it's not true.

I love crocheting. I hate to say it, but I might just like it even better than knitting. 

I've been teaching myself to crochet through trial and error, online tutorials, and the occasional youtube video. I've done hats and scarves and was really excited to tackle my first "big" project, if you can consider a baby blanket big.



I love the bright colors on this thing. My boyfriend shied away, but then again his idea of a "fun" color is gray. Bleh.

I went with a 3 double crochet shell pattern for this one. With the cotton yarn and the no-brainer pattern, it worked up in time at all.










 

Nothing beats the clean lines on this thing. I stuck with a single crochet border on the blanket and I'm glad I did it. The single crochet brings it all together with a clean, crisp outline.

My pride and joy baby blanket is for sale in my Etsy shop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment