Friday, September 19, 2014

Halloween Decomesh Wreath

Last week was my fall wreath and this week is Halloween! I know, I know - I'm a little early, but who can blame me? Decomesh is a great medium for a wreath, especially when you're looking for bright, festive colors. 


I always feel like "the bigger, the better" applies when making a decomesh wreath. Some people may not agree, but it makes such a statement on your front door. The colors, the shapes, the glittering tape in the mesh can all be seen easily from the road.


I picked up the witch's boot on clearance last year from Michael's and it's been patiently waiting in my closet all this time. At first, I'd placed the boot and was planning on it being the centerpiece, but it looked odd sort of thrust into all of that poofy, meshy goodness. I used an entire spool of ribbon to make the green bow and attached it with a pipecleaner (though now I think the proper term is "fuzzy stick" believe it or not).


To hide the other "fuzzy sticks" attached to the wreath form, I used little glittery styrofoam balls.


It worked pretty well, but fair warning: glittery balls covered in hot glue can be very dangerous when fumbled. I've got two nice burns on my left hand from them :(

Last, I added a few short, twirly pieces of orange mesh for a little pizzazz. They stick out a little, but I don't have a storm door, so there's no problem there. 
I hope you like it! Let me know if you have any questions about making your own decomesh wreath.

No comments:

Post a Comment