Friday, September 12, 2014

Fall Wreath 2014!

Even though the first day of fall is technically September 23rd, I jumped the gun a little. Fall's my favorite time of the year and the air's got just a hint of a crisp to it and some of the trees have even started changing here in the Blue Ridge. 

For my front door wreath this year, I had an idea that didn't turn out as well as I'd planned in my head, but I still like it. I went to Michael's and purchased some of those little 99 cents letters from the wood section to spell out "FALL" on the twig wreath I had at home. I rummaged around a little and found some chevron burlap and covered the previously white letters.




They looked really cute, but I think once I put them on the wreath they sort of lost their pop in that muted burlap color, especially from the road. I put them against some glittery burlap leaves that I got on my Michael's trip and continued to flesh it in with some fall flowers all around the bottom. 



To balance out the top, I made a big burlap bow with wire-lined ribbon and attached it to the top with a pipe cleaner.



I feel like it rounded out pretty well. I have to say that some of my wreath creations don't exactly match my maroon door (not that I let that stop me), but I'm really digging the look of all those fall colors against it.



No comments:

Post a Comment