Thursday, March 5, 2015

Think Spring!

We're in the middle of our third winter storm in the last two and a half weeks. This is what I'm looking at out my window right now: 



Another 6-10 inches on top of the 15 inches we got on top of the original 5 that fell almost 3 weeks ago.

I'm sick to death of winter. So what did I do with my snow day?

I made a bright, cheerful, fantastic spring wreath. Wishful thinking? Definitely. This thing is going on my front door, snow or no snow. I'm thinking maybe it'll keep any more of the white stuff from falling.




I'm loving it! I think the cashier at Michael's thought I was crazy when I checked out with an overflowing basket full of spring flowers. My friend said, "You know you'll never need all those flowers." I used ALL 16 bushes. But it's so worth it.


 


The sprigs of . . . well, whatever the yellow things are really added some depth to the wreath that I felt it needed and a little pop of vibrant yellow.

Spring fever, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment